GLOBUS 2018: Enchanting Europe (HM)
9 days from Amsterdam to Zurich
The name of this escorted European tour-Enchanting Europe-says it all! You'll be enchanted as you travel from Amsterdam, Holland's lively capital, to picturesque Lucerne in the Swiss Alps with overnights in Koblenz and Wiesbaden in the Rhine Valley, in Bavaria's capital Munich, and in romantic Salzburg. Enjoy a canal cruise in Amsterdam; admire Cologne's impressive gothic cathedral; walk through the medieval walled town of Rothenburg; visit the famous Hofbrauhaus in Munich; enjoy a guided walking tour through romantic Salzburg and see the sites where the beloved movie The Sound of Music was filmed; walk through the historic center of Innsbruck and take pictures of the Golden Roof. Stop in Vaduz, capital of the Principality of Liechtenstein: and cross the Chapel Bridge, dating back to the 14th century and admire the emotional Lion Monument in Lucerne. You'll also be enchanted by the gorgeous scenery you will see on this tour of Europe. Spend a full day in the Rhine Valley and enjoy a romantic cruise along the most scenic part of the river including lunch - followed by a Riesling wine tasting in the charming town of Rudesheim - and drive through the most spectacular parts of the majestic Alps in Austria and Switzerland. Of course there is time to shop for Christmas ornaments in picture-book Rothenburg, for crystal in Innsbruck, for stamps in Vaduz, and for chocolate and Swiss watches in Lucerne. Globus has included a special welcome dinner at one of Amsterdam's lively restaurants and a special farewell dinner at a local restaurant in Lucerne to celebrate the success of this guided Enchanting Europe tour.
Call (772) 287-8200 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13595646
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 12/31/2017
- 9 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Amsterdam||Welcome to Amsterdam! At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions, and leave the hotel for a welcome dinner at one of Amsterdam's lively restaurants. (D)|
|Day 2||Amsterdam||See the main sights of the 700-year-old capital with a Local Guide, such as the original Heineken Brewery, the Rijksmuseum, and more. A highlight is a leisurely CANAL CRUISE along the patrician mansions and gabled facades, the best way to get a good impression of how this city was built and how much still remains from the Golden Age. Also visit a major DIAMOND CENTER. Later, you may wish to join an optional excursion to visit a cheese farm, a clog maker, and a working windmill, followed by dinner in the pretty fishing village of Volendam-a great introduction to Holland. (B)|
|Day 3||Koblenz||A smooth drive past the Dutch region best know as the locale of A Bridge Too Far brings you to the Rhine Valley. Stop in Cologne and see the awesome twin-spired gothic cathedral. Overnight in Koblenz, where the Mosel River flows into the Rhine River. Why not join an exciting optional excursion to one of the more famous castles, Marksburg, from where you have spectacular views of the river below? (B,D)|
|Day 4||Wiesbaden||Today is dedicated to a romantic [LF] RHINE CRUISE, including lunch, along the most scenic part of the Rhine River. Pass castle-crested cliffs, terraced vineyards, and trim, half-timbered towns before arriving in Rudesheim, capital of the Riesling wine. Here, a traditional [LF] WINE TASTING awaits before continuing to your hotel. (B,L,D)|
|Day 5||Munich||Stop in picturesque Rothenburg for a walk through this medieval, walled town, famous for Christmas ornaments. Continue to Munich, capital of Bavaria, and see the Olympic Park and the 1,000-foot-high Olympic Tower. Also visit MARIENPLATZ with its New and Old Town Halls. A highlight is a visit to the famous [LF] HOFBRAUHAUS, dating back to 1589. Free time for dinner before going to your hotel. (B)|
|Day 6||Salzburg||Drive eastwards, following the Bavarian Alps to Austria. Arrive in Salzburg, where your Local Guide takes you for a walking tour through the historic center. Admire exquisite MIRABELL GARDENS, the Great Festival Hall, St. Peter's Monastery, and magnificent RESIDENZ SQUARE, where some scenes of The Sound of Music movie were filmed. Also see Mozart's birthplace in the charming Getreidegasse. Time to browse through the downtown market. (B)|
|Day 7||Lucerne||A scenic drive brings you to Innsbruck, tucked among the Alps, where you join your Tour Director for a pleasant walk through quaint medieval lanes to Emperor Maximilian's GOLDEN ROOF. Next is Vaduz, capital of the Principality of Liechtenstein. Time to buy your stamps or other souvenirs before continuing to picturesque Lucerne in Switzerland. (B)|
|Day 8||Lucerne||During your walking tour, admire Thorwaldsen's emotional LION MONUMENT, dedicated to the fallen Swiss Guards who protected the Royal House of France during the French Revolution, and the ornate patrician houses lining the cobblestone streets of the walled Old Town. Then, cross the famous covered CHAPEL BRIDGE to the Jesuit Church. Afterwards, shop for Swiss watches and chocolate. Tonight, a special farewell dinner awaits at a local restaurant for a proper auf Wiedersehen. (B,D)|
|Day 9||Zurich||Morning transfer to Zurich Airport in time for homebound flights leaving no earlier than 10 am. Extra nights are available in Zurich, not Lucerne. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement: $499Triple room reduction per person: $56Extra nights per person in Amsterdam:in single room $160-$196, in twin $88-$106, in triple $78-$90Extra nights per person in Zurich:in single room $150, in twin $100, in triple $80
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).